McGuireWoods Supports Diversity in the Profession
McGuireWoods contributes time, talent and funding to numerous organizations that foster diversity and inclusion in the legal profession and the communities in which we work and live.
Our firm is strongly affiliated with the Minority Corporate Counsel Association and is proud to be a member of the MCCA Firm Affiliated Network. Our Managing Partner, Tom Cabaniss, is a member of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity.
McGuireWoods is a member of the National Association of Women Lawyers. In addition, we are a national sponsor of the National LGBT Bar. We also support Lambda Legal and the Human Rights Campaign through sponsorships.
Our diverse lawyers are active in several minority bars and many have taken leadership roles. These include:
- Board Member, Leadership Institute for Women of Color Attorneys
- President of the Maryland Chapter of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- President-elect of the Virginia Chapter of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- General Counsel of National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (APABA), which advises the NAPABA Board and Executive Committee, and the NAPABA Law Foundation Board and Executive Committee
- Board of Directors, Japanese American Bar Association & Fund
Our diverse lawyers are also members of the following minority law associations:
- Asian American Bar Association of Maryland
- Black Women Lawyers of Los Angeles
- Cook County Bar Association
- Hill-Tucker Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Langston Bar Association
- Mexican American Bar Association
- Monumental Bar Association of Baltimore City
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- National Bar Association
- National LGBT Bar Association